Mötley Crüe cancel festival slot as Vince Neil recovers from medical procedure

It comes after the band postponed their upcoming Las Vegas residency last month The post Mötley Crüe cancel festival slot as Vince Neil recovers from medical procedure appeared first on NME.

Apr 5, 2025 - 09:30
 0
Mötley Crüe cancel festival slot as Vince Neil recovers from medical procedure

Mötley Crüe have announced the cancellation of their headline slot at Boardwalk Rock festival next month as frontman Vince Neil recovers from a “required medical procedure” – find out more below.

The band were due to make their return to the stage at the festival in Maryland’s Ocean City on May 17.

The performance would have marked their first since they postponed their planned Las Vegas residency last month, but they’ve now told fans they won’t be appearing as the singer recovers. They’ll be replaced by Alice in Chains.

In a statement, the band explained: “Motley Crue will be unable to perform at Boardwalk Rock in Ocean City, MD, on May 17 as Vince Neil is recuperating after a required medical procedure recently advised by his doctors.

“Vince’s health comes first, and we fully support him in prioritizing his recovery. Please join us in wishing him well.

“We sincerely apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the show and appreciate your understanding. Our friends Alice In Chains are confirmed to take our place on May 17 and we are immensely grateful to them for stepping up and bringing their awesome show to Boardwalk Rock.

Vince Neil of Mötley Crüe performs live in 2023. Credit: Chris Putnam/Future Publishing via Getty Images

“Thank you to all the Crueheads for your continued support. We can’t wait for Vince to fully recuperate and to be back on stage again soon.”

Back in February, the band issued a statement following Neil’s private jet being involved in a fatal crash. Neil was not on the plane at the time of the crash, but his girlfriend Rain Andreani and her friend suffered injuries, though not thought to be life-threatening.

They were both taken to hospital with the plane’s co-pilot, who was also injured. The pilot of the aircraft died in the crash.

Neil’s representative Worrick Robinson shared a statement about the collision on Mötley Crüe’s official social media channels: “For reasons unknown at this time, the plane veered from the runway causing it to collide with another parked plane.

“On board Mr. Neil’s plane were two pilots and two passengers. Mr. Neil was not on the plane. More specific details regarding the collision are not available as this is a rapidly evolving situation and there is an ongoing investigation.”

Meanwhile, last month, they postponed their upcoming 11-show run at the Dolby Live at Las Vegas’s Park MGM. The dates were supposed to kick off in March 28 and run until April 19. However they’ll take place between September 12 and October 3, with all previously purchased shows for the residency being honoured at the newly rescheduled shows – you can find any remaining tickets here.

His bandmates Nikki SixxTommy Lee and John 5 said in a shared statement: “Please join us in wishing Vince a speedy recovery. We are looking forward for him to get well again and to take over Vegas together in September.”

Mötley Crüe's Vince Neil performing live on stage
Mötley Crüe’s Vince Neil performs live. CREDIT: Gabe Ginsberg/Getty

The exact nature of Neil’s medical procedure is currently unknown, except that it was advised by his doctors.

Back in October Mötley Crüe released a new EP, ‘Cancelled’, which features a cover of the Beastie Boys’ classic ‘Fight For Your Right’. Also on ‘Cancelled’ is the single ‘Dogs Of War’, which they shared in April 2024 as it became their first new material in five years. At the time, founding bassist Nikki Sixx told NME: “For us, the only constant in our career has been that we constantly change and that comes with hills and valleys. We’ve ridden it out over 43 years and sometimes we’re not cool, sometimes we’re the coolest band, sometimes we can’t even get a phone call back.”

He continued: “We’re just living in our own little bubble and doing what we want to do. Obviously it feels great when people really love what you’re doing, but I don’t necessarily think we’ve ever thought that we should do something to be liked or for the public reception. We do what we do, we’re passionate about it and we hope that people like it. Also, if they don’t, we get that, we understand it. It’s just part of our creative process.”

The post Mötley Crüe cancel festival slot as Vince Neil recovers from medical procedure appeared first on NME.