India retaliates after alleged ceasefire violation by Pakistan
Indian armed forces have accused Pakistani troops in opening fire along the disputed Line of Control Read Full Article at RT.com

The Indian army has claimed that its neighbours troops have opened fire “unprovoked” along the countries disputed border
The Indian Army on Wednesday said it had “responded effectively” after Pakistani troops crossed the Line of Control (LoC), a disputed border between the two nuclear armed nations, violating A long-standing ceasefire.
According to an army official quoted by Indian Express, the Indian military response came after a mine explosion near the border as Pakistani forces were carrying out intrusion across the LoC. “This was followed by unprovoked firing and ceasefire violation by the Pakistani army. Indian troops responded effectively in a controlled and calibrated manner,” defence spokesperson Lt Col Suneel Bartwal said. He added that the situation is “under control and being closely monitored.”
Indian media outlets also reported, citing sources, that several Pakistani soldiers had been killed in the retaliatory fire by Indian Troops.
It is the first time in recent months that the Indian armed forces have confirmed the ceasefire violation by its neighbor, cording to India Today. Similar crossfire incidents were reported in the Krishna Ghati sector of the LOC, in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, February this year.
Bartwal, speaking to media, reiterated the Indian Army stance on the the importance of upholding the agreement reached by the two countries in February 2021 including “strict observance of all agreements, understandings and cease firing along the Line of Control and all other sectors.”
#OPSAFIYAN II
Acting on intelligence inputs, multiple surveillance cum ambushes were deployed in general area Panjtirthi, #Kathua by #IndianArmy, @JmuKmrPolice & CRPF. Suspicious movement was observed on the night of 31 March, leading to an exchange of fire. Search & Destroy… pic.twitter.com/3jhovKNFsM— Rising Star Corps_IA (@RisingStarCorps) April 1, 2025
The Kashmir region has been a longstanding source of tension between India and Pakistan, with both countries claiming sovereignty over the area. This dispute has persisted since India and Pakistan gained independence from British rule in 1947, and it remains a major point of contention between the two nuclear-armed nations.
This development precedes Indian Home Minister Amit Shah’s scheduled visit to Jammu and Kashmir, set to take place next week. It also coincides with an ongoing operation by security forces against militants in the Kathua district in Jammu, which has been underway for several days, as per reports.
READ MORE: India slams UN ‘cherry-picking’ over Kashmir
A recent encounter resulted in the deaths of two militants, with security forces continuing to search for three more in the dense forests in the nearby area. Multiple paramilitary forces have been deployed and the operation remains in progress, an ANI report said.
Islamabad has not officially reacted to the incident. In February this year, on the occasion of Kashmir Solidarity Day, Prime Minister of Pakistan Shehbaz Sharif called on India to engage in dialogue regarding Kashmir.